Aggregated Maryland News Articles
- Ravens owner Bisciotti pledges $1 million toward social justice reform
Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti on Monday pledged $1 million for social justice reform in Baltimore.
Reuters. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 20:58:05 -0400.
- Mounds of bricks, bottles found in Baltimore ahead of expected George Floyd unrest
According to sources, mounds of bricks and bottles have been found in Downtown Baltimore.
Wbff Fox 45. Fox News. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 22:21:09 GMT.
- Baltimore police officer is suspended after being caught on camera punching a woman
The video shows a woman hitting a police officer at a downtown intersection on Friday. It was then that another officer, who is black, coldcocks the woman from behind and knocks her out.
Daily Mail. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 21:06:41 +0100.
- Greene Turtle CEO says company is 'definitely' looking for new Baltimore location
CEO Geo Concepcion checked in with the BBJ about coronavirus, restaurant closures and what's next.
Amanda Yeager. American City Business Journals. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 16:32:35 +0000.
- Maryland mansion for sale comes with Christmas village complete with cobblestone streets in basement
The $4.5 million property boasts five bedrooms, a heated pool, a tennis court, a library... oh, and an entire Christmas village in the basement.
Jordi Lippe-mcgraw. Fox News. Sat, 30 May 2020 09:00:14 GMT.
- Ravens, Judon compromise on franchise tag
The Baltimore Ravens and linebacker/defensive end Matthew Judon came to a compromise on the worth of the franchise tag.
Reuters. Fri, 29 May 2020 12:46:40 -0400.
- Maryland Heights hardware business changes hands
A Kansas-based hardware retailer is expanding its St. Louis-area presence with the purchase of a Maryland Heights hardware store.
Diana Barr. American City Business Journals. Thu, 28 May 2020 19:46:13 +0000.
- Double murder suspect arrested after multistate manhunt
The manhunt for the 23-year-old college senior had spanned Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland.
Yahoo. Thu, 28 May 2020 13:45:25 -0400.
- Maryland County Backtracks Order Banning Communion, Discouraging Singing At Religious Services
'There shall be no consumption of food or beverage of any kind'
Mary Margaret Olohan. Daily Caller. Thu, 28 May 2020 17:37:45 +0000.
- UConn student accused of murder arrested in Maryland
A University of Connecticut student accused of killing two people is in custody after a multistate manhunt. Peter Manfredonia was on the run for six days, but was captured Wednesday night near a truck stop in Hagerstown, Maryland.
CBS News. Thu, 28 May 2020 13:32:37 -0400.
- Good News for Christians: MD Officials Reverse Order Restricting Communion, Singing at Services
A Maryland county has changed course on an executive order that would have banned communion at religious services had it gone into effect. ...
Mary Margaret Olohan. Western Journal. Thu, 28 May 2020 17:29:42 +0000.
- UConn student Peter Manfredonia, wanted for 2 killings, caught in Maryland after six-day manhunt
Peter Manfredonia, a fugitive college student wanted for two murders in Connecticut, was caught in Maryland on Wednesday night.
Yahoo. Thu, 28 May 2020 11:21:06 -0400.
- UConn Student Wanted in 2 Homicides is Caught in Maryland
Mr. Manfredonia, 23, had been a fugitive since Friday, when the college senior began a series of violent crimes, the authorities said.
Neil Vigdor and Michael Levenson. New York Times. Thu, 28 May 2020 14:48:30 +0000.
- Peter Manfredonia, UConn student accused of deadly crime spree, arrested in Maryland
A fugitive college student suspected in two Connecticut slayings has been caught in Maryland, police announced late Wednesday night.
Ap. ABC News. Thu, 28 May 2020 13:19:32 +0000.
Maryland Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Maryland as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,016,447||0.36|
|July 1, 2015||5,994,983||0.46|
|July 1, 2014||5,967,295||0.61|
|July 1, 2013||5,931,129||0.70|
|July 1, 2012||5,889,651||0.79|
|July 1, 2011||5,843,603||0.95|
|July 1, 2010||5,788,584|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Maryland was 5,773,552.
In 2008, the estimated population of Maryland was 5,633,597, whereas
in 2006, the population of Maryland was about 5,602,258.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Maryland's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Maryland
web page. For maps of Maryland,
visit this Maryland Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Annapolis, Maryland.
Maryland newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Maryland
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Maryland