Aggregated Maryland News Articles
- Roy Cooper, two other governors team up for regional wind energy development
N.C. Gov. Roy Cooper and counterparts in Virginia and Maryland sign a memorandum of understanding for cooperation in offshore wind energy development with an eye on attracting an economic hub for that industry.
John Downey. American City Business Journals. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 21:46:00 +0000.
- Baltimore area developer reinvents itself by investing millions, including in D.C. projects
The developer's new focus includes upscale multifamily projects in D.C.
Melody Simmons. American City Business Journals. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 21:29:53 +0000.
- Maryland man arrested at polling place after refusing to wear mask or go to designated area to vote
A Maryland man was arrested for trespassing after refusing to wear a mask and follow directions at his polling place.
Wls. ABC News. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 15:52:27 +0000.
- Maryland coronavirus hospitalizations soar
Coronavirus-related hospitalizations in Maryland reached their highest levels since early August, according to state health data.
Madeline Farber. Fox News. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 15:49:23 GMT.
- Joe Biden's brother Jim refuses to answer Fox News China questions
Jim Biden, the younger brother of Joe Biden, refused to answer questions when he was spotted returning to a house in Maryland, in footage published by Fox on Wednesday.
Daily Mail. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 13:36:06 GMT.
- Jimmy Orr, who played for Colts and Steelers, dies at 85
Jimmy Orr, a Super Bowl champion wide receiver who played 13 years in the NFL between the Baltimore Colts and the Pittsburgh Steelers, died Tuesday. He was 85.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 11:48:12 GMT.
- Maryland Man Charged With Trespassing After Refusing To Wear A Mask To Vote
A man was arrested after refusing to wear a mask or leave the scene during early voting.
By Carlie Porterfield, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 18:29:49 -0400.
- Amazon is hiring 100,000 seasonal staff for the holidays
Amazon said California, Texas, Maryland, Georgia and New Jersey are the top states where it will hire employees.
CNBC. Tue, 27 Oct 2020 14:16:05 GMT.
- A man in Maryland was arrested and charged with threatening to kidnap and kill Biden and Harris.
A man in Frederick, Md., northwest of Washington, was arrested and charged with threatening to kidnap and kill Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.
Shaila Dewan. New York Times. Thu, 22 Oct 2020 01:49:57 +0000.
- Maryland man charged for leaving letter threatening Biden and Harris
The man was caught on a Ring door camera leaving the note threatening to kill Biden and Harris at a Maryland house.
CBS News. Wed, 21 Oct 2020 20:25:00 -0400.
- Maryland Man Arrested Over Biden Death Threat
Suspect also threatened Joe Biden's running mate Kamala Harris, said he's upset at the political situation.
Voice of America. Wed, 21 Oct 2020 19:45:34 -0400.
- Maryland man admits to leaving threatening letter for voters, charged
The letter also threatened violence against Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris and gun control advocates.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Wed, 21 Oct 2020 20:02:00 GMT.
- Man accused of threatening Biden, Harris in letter to neighbor
A Maryland man was charged Wednesday with making death threats against Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and running mate U.S. Sen. ...
Yahoo. Wed, 21 Oct 2020 14:31:53 -0400.
- Man accused of answering pro-Trump neighbors' honk with a gunshot
Maryland man was posting a BLM sign when a pickup truck carrying a Trump billboard honked, and he allegedly fired a 12-guage shotgun round.
CBS News. Tue, 20 Oct 2020 06:55:33 -0400.
Maryland Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Maryland as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,016,447||0.36|
|July 1, 2015||5,994,983||0.46|
|July 1, 2014||5,967,295||0.61|
|July 1, 2013||5,931,129||0.70|
|July 1, 2012||5,889,651||0.79|
|July 1, 2011||5,843,603||0.95|
|July 1, 2010||5,788,584|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Maryland was 5,773,552.
In 2008, the estimated population of Maryland was 5,633,597, whereas
in 2006, the population of Maryland was about 5,602,258.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Maryland's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Maryland
web page. For maps of Maryland,
visit this Maryland Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Annapolis, Maryland.
Maryland newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Maryland
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Maryland