Aggregated Maryland News Articles
- Luxury apartment and townhouse project kicks off on Baltimore waterfront
Plans call for 23 four-story rowhouses near a separate building with 238 luxury apartments.
Melody Simmons. American City Business Journals. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 18:52:03 +0000.
- A push to renew Baltimore's historic tax credit gets underway
The program started in 1996 and has brought a total of $1.2 billion in new investment.
Melody Simmons. American City Business Journals. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 15:30:26 +0000.
- Baltimore gas explosion death toll rises to 2
Another victim of a massive gas explosion Monday in Baltimore, Md., has died, adding to the death toll of a blast that destroyed three houses and injured several residents.
Nick Givas. Fox News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 00:18:03 GMT.
- PICTURED: College student, 20, who was one of two victims of Baltimore gas explosion
Joseph Graham Jr, 20, who was a student at Morgan State University, was identified by family members as being the second victim who was killed in the Baltimore gas explosion on Monday.
Daily Mail. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 23:11:19 GMT.
- Death toll rises to 2 people from Baltimore gas explosion that leveled homes
More than 200 people in the neighborhood were affected by the blast that killed two people and critically injured several more.
Ap. ABC News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 17:19:48 +0000.
- Baltimore gas explosion leaves 1 dead and 6 injured
The explosion killed at least one person and left six others injured in northwest Baltimore on Monday.
CBS News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 20:30:00 -0400.
- At Least 6 Injured, 1 Dead, After Baltimore Gas Blast Leveled Three Homes
About 200 responders from three fire departments were at the scene of explosion, tweeted Baltimore Firefighters IAFF Local 734, which described explosion and fire as 'a major 3-alarm incident'
Voice of America. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 15:57:11 -0400.
- 'Crazy' Baltimore gas explosion destroys homes
One person was killed and four others seriously injured as a result of the blast.
BBC News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 18:14:04 GMT.
- Baltimore Gas Explosion Leaves 1 Dead and 2 Injured
Three brick rowhouses were destroyed in the blast, and firefighters searched by hand for more people who might be trapped in the pile of wreckage.
Bryan Pietsch. New York Times. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 17:33:25 +0000.
- Gas explosion in Baltimore levels 3 homes; 1 killed, 4 rescued
"It's a disaster. It's a mess. It's unbelievable," said Diane Glover, who lives across the street.
Ap. ABC News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 17:32:43 +0000.
- Woman dead, 3 critical, 1 trapped in Baltimore house explosions
Officials said the explosion involved three homes.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 16:23:00 GMT.
- Maryland detainee, 26, freed over coronavirus fatally stabbed man, 63, authorities say
A Germantown man was back in custody after allegedly stabbing a man to death during his release, according to a report.
Dom Calicchio. Fox News. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 05:42:13 GMT.
- MS-13 gang members charged with sex trafficking, other charges in abuse of 13-year-old runaway
Federal prosecutors allege that gang members beat the girl, raped her and prostituted her in Virginia and Maryland.
Yahoo. Wed, 05 Aug 2020 20:19:05 -0400.
- Baltimore is investigating after officials removed 5 approved Black Lives Matter murals
The city department blamed a "miscommunication" for the error, but also said a staff member accused of problematic behavior is under investigation.
Yahoo. Wed, 05 Aug 2020 14:54:53 -0400.
Maryland Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Maryland as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,016,447||0.36|
|July 1, 2015||5,994,983||0.46|
|July 1, 2014||5,967,295||0.61|
|July 1, 2013||5,931,129||0.70|
|July 1, 2012||5,889,651||0.79|
|July 1, 2011||5,843,603||0.95|
|July 1, 2010||5,788,584|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Maryland was 5,773,552.
In 2008, the estimated population of Maryland was 5,633,597, whereas
in 2006, the population of Maryland was about 5,602,258.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Maryland's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Maryland
web page. For maps of Maryland,
visit this Maryland Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Annapolis, Maryland.
Maryland newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Maryland
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Maryland