Aggregated Maryland News Articles
- D.C.-born cannabis firm opens grow facility, plots larger expansion in Maryland
District Cannabis plans to hire up to 30 employees as it builds out its operation.
Morgan Eichensehr. American City Business Journals. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 16:10:46 +0000.
- Shocking moment man 'sticks woman with a syringe' at the entrance to a Maryland supermarket
During a brazen attack, a woman appears to have been poked by a syringe while walking into a grocery store, according to law enforcement officials.
Daily Mail. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 13:21:28 GMT.
- Man gets 4 years for plot to obtain $1M in stolen TVs
GREENBELT, Md. (AP) - A California man who pleaded guilty to conspiring to obtain hundreds of stolen televisions worth more than $1 million was sentenced this week in Maryland to four years in federal prison. The office of the U.S. ...
Washington Times. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 04:07:06 -0500.
- Married man charged with kidnapping, killing girlfriend he lured to Nevada desert
A married Maryland man has been federally charged with kidnapping and killing his girlfriend after luring her to the Nevada desert, where he says he tied her to a post and suffocated her last year, according to new court documents.
Stephen Sorace. Fox News. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 19:23:05 GMT.
- Richest Place In Maryland Has $300K Average Income: Ranking
Two MD towns are among the 50 richest places in America with over a quarter of a million dollars in yearly income, says Bloomberg News.
Deb Belt. Patch. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 12:38:36 -0500.
- Sanders, Biden Top Choices To Beat Trump, MD Tells Goucher Poll
Maryland Democrats favor Sen. Bernie Sanders and former Vice President Joe Biden in the coming primary, says a new Goucher College Poll.
Deb Belt. Patch. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 09:58:23 -0500.
- Real Estate Insider: NAACP to move its national headquarters downtown
The organization has inked an eight-year lease to move from its current home in Northwest Baltimore.
Melody Simmons. American City Business Journals. Mon, 24 Feb 2020 17:42:02 +0000.
- Hearing set for Maryland bill to provide family leave
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) - A Maryland House committee is scheduled to hold a hearing on a measure that would provide workers with partial wage replacement for up to 12 weeks away from work to care for a new child or an ill family member. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 24 Feb 2020 04:04:53 -0500.
- Alex Cobb Could Give Orioles A Lift In 2020, If He Stays Healthy
The Baltimore Orioles are hoping Alex Cobb can help their starting rotation this year after missing most of 2019 due to hip surgery.
By Jeff Seidel, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 24 Feb 2020 02:37:04 +0000.
- Maryland school district revamps history curriculum over topics like slavery
The new curriculum now includes a unit on "stolen labor," and students also look at how and why the Constitution protected slavery.
CBS News. Thu, 20 Feb 2020 13:49:52 -0500.
- Baltimore Ravens' Bradley Bozeman crushes food challenge at Texas restaurant
Baltimore Ravens offensive lineman Bradley Bozeman crushed a food challenge at a Texas steakhouse Wednesday night.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Thu, 20 Feb 2020 18:21:26 GMT.
- Maryland university opens lounge-style food pantry for students in need
A Maryland university has opened a new food pantry for students with the aim of eliminating the stigma of utilizing the resource for their nutritional needs.
ABC News. Tue, 18 Feb 2020 17:21:10 -0500.
- Orioles Turn To Harvard Grad, Former Softball Player As New Director Of Baseball Development
Eve Rosenbaum is the highest-ranking female executive in the Baltimore Orioles organization.
By Todd Karpovich, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 18 Feb 2020 11:54:38 +0000.
- Two Officers Working With US Marshals Shot In Baltimore, Suspect Confirmed Dead
Governor, mayor speak out
Sydney Shea. Daily Caller. Wed, 12 Feb 2020 21:21:06 +0000.
Maryland Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Maryland as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,016,447||0.36|
|July 1, 2015||5,994,983||0.46|
|July 1, 2014||5,967,295||0.61|
|July 1, 2013||5,931,129||0.70|
|July 1, 2012||5,889,651||0.79|
|July 1, 2011||5,843,603||0.95|
|July 1, 2010||5,788,584|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Maryland was 5,773,552.
In 2008, the estimated population of Maryland was 5,633,597, whereas
in 2006, the population of Maryland was about 5,602,258.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Maryland's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Maryland
web page. For maps of Maryland,
visit this Maryland Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Annapolis, Maryland.
Maryland newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Maryland
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Maryland