Aggregated Maryland News Articles
- This Baltimore warehouse owner is seeking a development partner who knows historic reuse
The historic warehouse sits next to Interstate 95 near other buildings that, over the past decade or so, have been converted from their former uses into apartment buildings.
Carley Milligan. American City Business Journals. Tue, 16 Jul 2019 12:54:19 +0000.
- PSC sets hearings on Washington Gas rate increase request
BALTIMORE (AP) - Maryland regulators have scheduled two public comment hearings on a request by Washington Gas Light Company to increase its gas service rates by nearly $36 million. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 16 Jul 2019 05:20:55 -0400.
- GOP congressman: Trump's 'go back to where they came from' tweet was about lawmakers home DISTRICTS
Andy Harris, a Republican from Maryland, said when Trump told congresswomen of color to go back to where they came from he was referencing their home districts.
Daily Mail. Mon, 15 Jul 2019 20:17:56 GMT.
- MD Unclaimed Property Pays Out $1B: How To Find Your Money
The Maryland Comptroller's office has paid out $1 billion in unclaimed property claims. Here's how you can search for and claim your money.
Deb Belt. Patch. Sun, 14 Jul 2019 15:46:18 -0400.
- Baltimore Among 10 Cities Targeted In ICE Raids
Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials are expected to detain those slated for deportation in Baltimore this weekend.
Elizabeth Janney. Patch. Sun, 14 Jul 2019 12:15:24 -0400.
- Maryland dispensaries face steep fines for inappropriate cannabis ads
Penalties for inappropriate ads are up to $5,000.
Morgan Eichensehr. American City Business Journals. Fri, 12 Jul 2019 11:04:08 +0000.
- Report: Baltimore police unit misspent $30K on boat salvage
BALTIMORE (AP) - An investigation of the Baltimore Police Department's marine unit found it spent more than $30,000 in 2016 to salvage a boat when a state program would've handled it at no cost to city taxpayers. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 11 Jul 2019 02:02:28 -0400.
- John Means Of Orioles Enjoys All-Star Experience, Despite Not Pitching
Baltimore pitcher John Means did not get into the All-Star Game Tuesday night in Cleveland, but he was not disappointed as it turned out to be a learning experience.
By Jeff Seidel, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 10 Jul 2019 16:13:50 +0000.
- Flier describes hearing 'boom' before flight forced to land because of engine failure
The plane out of Atlanta was bound for Baltimore before it was forced to land in Raleigh.
ABC News. Tue, 09 Jul 2019 18:04:55 -0400.
- Lightning strikes Southwest flight traveling from Baltimore to Puerto Rico
Federal aviation officials say a Southwest Airlines passenger flight from Baltimore was struck by lightning during journey to San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Associated Press. Burlington Free Press. Tue, 9 Jul 2019 08:58:19 -0400.
- Calloway Allies Push for Preservation of Jazz Legend's Baltimore Home
To save his Baltimore rowhouse from demolition and preserve it as a protected landmark, The family of jazz legend Cab Calloway is rallying support, according to The Baltimore Sun.
Newsmax. Mon, 08 Jul 2019 21:40:11 EDT.
- Women's World Cup: USA fans gather to cheer team's success
Fans young and old watching in Maryland bring out their red, white and blue to cheer their women to victory.
BBC News. Sun, 07 Jul 2019 19:40:18 GMT.
- Judge To Review Claims Of Census Citizenship Question's 'Discriminatory' Origins
While the Justice Department continues exploring possible ways to add a question about citizenship to the census forms, a federal judge in Maryland is moving ahead with reopening two cases against it.
Hansi Lo Wang. NPR. Fri, 05 Jul 2019 19:54:00 -0400.
- Lawn Chair Drill Team Rocks Annapolis Fourth of July Parade
These precise patriots are a must-see
Whitney Tipton. Daily Caller. Fri, 05 Jul 2019 14:17:20 +0000.
Maryland Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Maryland as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,016,447||0.36|
|July 1, 2015||5,994,983||0.46|
|July 1, 2014||5,967,295||0.61|
|July 1, 2013||5,931,129||0.70|
|July 1, 2012||5,889,651||0.79|
|July 1, 2011||5,843,603||0.95|
|July 1, 2010||5,788,584|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Maryland was 5,773,552.
In 2008, the estimated population of Maryland was 5,633,597, whereas
in 2006, the population of Maryland was about 5,602,258.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Maryland's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Maryland
web page. For maps of Maryland,
visit this Maryland Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Annapolis, Maryland.
Maryland newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Maryland
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Maryland