Aggregated Maryland News Articles
- Under Armour Manufacturing Face Masks For Hospital Workers Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
The Baltimore-based footwear and apparel brand announced on March 31 it plans to manufacture and distribute more than 500,000 fabric face masks to healthcare workers at the University of Maryland Medical System.
By Michael Loré, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 14:02:08 +0000.
- Virginia, Maryland Issue Lockdowns; Pastor Charged
Virginia and Maryland issued stay-at-home orders, with Virginia's extending to June 10. ...
Newsmax. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 22:37:19 EDT.
- Ravens Sign Derek Wolfe After Losing Out On Michael Brockers
The Baltimore Ravens did not wait long after the Michael Brockers deal fell apart late last week to sign defensive end Derek Wolfe to a one-year deal, the team confirmed Monday.
By Jeff Seidel, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 01:22:18 +0000.
- As health officials feared, coronavirus outbreak invading nursing homes
The coronavirus outbreak raced through four nursing homes over the weekend, infecting hundreds of residents at senior living facilities and killing at least five people. At a press conference Monday, Maryland Gov. ...
ABC News. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 20:23:28 -0400.
- Maryland and Washington, DC: Latest updates on coronavirus
Here is the COVID-19 situation in Maryland and Washington, DC.
Live Science. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 22:06:39 +0000.
- Virginia, Maryland and South Florida residents are the latest to be told to stay home
Florida Gov Ron DeSantis has placed four South Florida counties on lockdown for more than a month in a bid to curb the spread of the coronavirus in the state.
Daily Mail. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 22:03:00 GMT.
- Virginia, Maryland institute 'stay-at-home' orders
The two states sit on either side of Washington, D.C., which has closed nonessential businesses but has yet to issue such severe restrictions.
CNBC. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 20:16:06 GMT.
- Scammers Trying To Swindle MD Stimulus Checks: Coronavirus
MD Comptroller Peter Franchot on Monday warned Marylanders not to fall victim to scammers targeting coronavirus stimulus payments.
Kristin Danley-greiner. Patch. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 14:57:58 -0400.
- S&P downgrades city-owned hotel's bond rating due to coronavirus disruption
The Baltimore Hotel Corp. has been under the rating agency's scrutiny for some time.
Amanda Yeager. American City Business Journals. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 16:48:52 +0000.
- Coronavirus outbreak hits Maryland nursing home
One man in his 90s with underlying health problems died Saturday evening at the nursing home, health officials said.
CBS News. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 11:40:47 -0400.
- Maryland Becomes Latest State To Lockdown Over Coronavirus Pandemic
'We are no longer asking or suggesting Maryland residents stay home'
William Davis. Daily Caller. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:38:09 +0000.
- MD Beaches Close, Some State Parks Shut Down Due To Coronavirus
Maryland State Parks announced this past weekend that all beaches are closed, including Ocean City's beach and boardwalk, due to the virus.
Kristin Danley-greiner. Patch. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 10:21:28 -0400.
- 'There's never been anything like this': How Baltimore's media is navigating a world without live sports
Local talk radio shows, print publications and TV networks have had to adapt their programming and coverage without live sports games.
Holden Wilen. American City Business Journals. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 12:10:04 +0000.
- Maryland nursing home hit with 'tragic' coronavirus outbreak, as 66 test positive, 11 hospitalized, governor says
Dozens of people have tested positive for coronavirus at a nursing home in the suburbs west of Baltimore, Maryland's governor announced late Saturday.
Travis Fedschun. Fox News. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 12:57:38 GMT.
Maryland Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Maryland as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,016,447||0.36|
|July 1, 2015||5,994,983||0.46|
|July 1, 2014||5,967,295||0.61|
|July 1, 2013||5,931,129||0.70|
|July 1, 2012||5,889,651||0.79|
|July 1, 2011||5,843,603||0.95|
|July 1, 2010||5,788,584|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Maryland was 5,773,552.
In 2008, the estimated population of Maryland was 5,633,597, whereas
in 2006, the population of Maryland was about 5,602,258.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Maryland's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Maryland
web page. For maps of Maryland,
visit this Maryland Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Annapolis, Maryland.
Maryland newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Maryland
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Maryland