Aggregated Ohio News Articles
- UGA, U-M, TCU, Ohio State top four in AP poll
Georgia, Michigan, TCU and Ohio State are the top four teams in the final AP Top 25 poll of the regular season.
ESPN. Sun, 4 Dec 2022 13:25:03 EST.
- First look at CFP semifinals: Keys for Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan and TCU
We break down the matchups with key players, X factors and the winning formula for all four teams.
ESPN. Sun, 4 Dec 2022 13:08:49 EST.
- College Football Playoff field set: Georgia vs. Ohio State; Michigan vs. TCU
With some drama, but not much controversy, the CFP selection committee's top four fell into place over the championship weekend.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sun, 04 Dec 2022 17:48:00 GMT.
- College Football Playoff field set with Georgia vs. Ohio State, Michigan vs. TCU
Georgia, Michigan, TCU and Ohio State were ranked in the top 4 in the final College Football Playoff rankings of the season, officially eliminating USC's playoff hopes.
J. Brady Mccollough. Los Angeles Times. Sun, 4 Dec 2022 17:30:57 GMT.
- Georgia, Michigan, T.C.U., Ohio State are Playoff Semifinalists
Alabama, despite lobbying by its coach, Nick Saban, was left out for the second time under the four-team playoff format. Instead, Georgia will play Ohio State and Michigan will play Texas Christian in the semifinals.
Billy Witz. New York Times. Sun, 04 Dec 2022 17:25:20 +0000.
- Men armed with rifle, gun sought in College Dropout bar shooting
Men armed with a rifle and a handgun are wanted in a shooting inside a bar in El Paso's Cincinnati Entertainment District on Oct. 27, 2022.
Courtesy. El Paso Times. Sun, 04 Dec 2022 15:46:00 +0000.
- Utah Injects Twist Into Playoff Race by Downing U.S.C. for Pac-12 Title
Southern California entered the Pac-12 championship game with expectations of a College Football Playoff berth. It lost in a rout, and gave new hope to teams like Ohio State and Alabama.
Billy Witz. New York Times. Sat, 03 Dec 2022 14:16:38 +0000.
- Ohio State Favored To Make College Football Playoff After Utah Knocks Off USC In Pac-12 Title Game
Cameron Rising and Utah dominated Southern California in the Pac-12 title game on Friday night in Las Vegas, opening the door for Ohio State to make the College Football Playoff.
By Adam Zagoria, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 03 Dec 2022 06:59:27 -0500.
- 3CDC, Art Academy bring winter outdoor art installation to Imagination Alley in OTR
Cincinnati Center City Development Corporation (3CDC) and the Art Academy of Cincinnati have teamed up on a winter-themed art installation in an outdoor community space in Over-the-Rhine.
Nikki Kingery. American City Business Journals. Fri, 02 Dec 2022 20:42:16 +0000.
- Fifth Third Leadership Diversity Symposium to feature Michelle MiJung Kim this month
Fifth Third Leadership Diversity Symposium, billed as the region's largest focused on advancing workplace diversity, equity and inclusion, is returning to Cincinnati this month.
Meg Erpenbeck. American City Business Journals. Fri, 02 Dec 2022 17:42:05 +0000.
- FCC fines 2 lobbyists $5 million for election-related robocalls
The pair were indicted in Ohio last year for allegedly trying to intimidate Black voters with false robocalls.
CBS News. Thu, 01 Dec 2022 20:35:02 -0500.
- Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson REFUSES to discuss 'non football' questions ahead of return
Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson refused to address non-football questions Thursday in his first comments since returning from an 11-game suspension over sexual misconduct allegations.
Daily Mail. Thu, 01 Dec 2022 19:45:51 GMT.
- Baseball great Gaylord Perry dies; Cy Young winner and master of the spitball
Baseball Hall of Famer Gaylord Perry, who was 84, perfected the spitball and twice won the Cy Young Award: with Cleveland and with San Diego.
Associated Press. Los Angeles Times. Thu, 1 Dec 2022 18:30:47 GMT.
- This Christmas display was inspired by the great Clark Griswold himself
Clark Griswold has taught this Ohio family everything it knows about exterior illumination.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Thu, 01 Dec 2022 16:51:00 GMT.
- Sen. Sherrod Brown Urges Janet Yellen To Develop Legislation To Regulate Crypto Industry Following FTX Implosion
Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) made a plea to the Treasury Department on Wednesday to draft legislation that would set up surveillance and regulatory measures over the crypto industry following the collapse of FTX.
Forbes. Thu, 01 Dec 2022 10:54:30 -0500.
Ohio Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Ohio as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||11,614,373||0.08|
|July 1, 2015||11,605,090||0.09|
|July 1, 2014||11,594,408||0.21|
|July 1, 2013||11,570,022||0.17|
|July 1, 2012||11,550,839||0.05|
|July 1, 2011||11,544,824||0.03|
|July 1, 2010||11,540,983|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Ohio was 11,536,504.
In 2008, the estimated population of Ohio was 11,485,910, whereas
in 2006, the population of Ohio was about 11,458,390.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Ohio's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Ohio
web page. For maps of Ohio,
visit this Ohio Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Columbus, Ohio.
Ohio newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Ohio
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Ohio