Aggregated Ohio News Articles
- FACT CHECK: Does This Video Show Protesters Breaking Into The White House?
The video shows protesters outside the Ohio Statehouse in Columbus
Elias Atienza. Daily Caller. Sun, 31 May 2020 16:37:29 +0000.
- OSU's Towns detained by police during protest
Seth Towns, who graduated from Harvard on Thursday and has transferred to play for Ohio State next season, was briefly detained during a protest in Columbus, Ohio, on Friday.
ESPN. Sat, 30 May 2020 22:22:06 EST.
- Ohio Dem rep, other officials pepper-sprayed during protest in Columbus
Democratic Rep. Joyce Beatty and other local Ohio officials were sprayed with pepper spray Saturday in Columbus during protests that broke out in response to the death of Minneapolis man George Floyd while in police custody.
Brooke Singman. Fox News. Sun, 31 May 2020 00:31:41 GMT.
- WATCH: Ohio troopers assist woman whose brakes gave out on highway
Ohio police helped a woman corral her runaway car after her brakes failed on a busy interstate.
Robert Gearty. Fox News. Sat, 30 May 2020 14:54:59 GMT.
- Growing Dayton manufacturer lands JobsOhio loan, plans 21 new hires
A local manufacturing startup is planning another major investment that should accelerate the creation of 21 new jobs.
Jacob Fisher. American City Business Journals. Sat, 30 May 2020 12:35:14 +0000.
- Dramatic footage shows cops in Ohio helping a driver, 20, to stop her runaway SUV
Dash cam footage saw a woman from Ohio being rescued after her car failed to slow down on a busy Interstate. 911 dispatchers communicated with Ohio State Highway Patrol troopers who followed her.
Daily Mail. Sat, 30 May 2020 07:35:36 GMT.
- El Pasoans hold rally urging city to open parks and libraries
Reopen Texas and Free to Play held a rally Friday at Cleveland Square Park to urge city to reopen parks and libraries after coronavirus closure.
Mark Lambie, El Paso Times. El Paso Times. Fri, 29 May 2020 23:24:56 +0000.
- Covid-10 creates opportunity for Greater Cincinnati soap company
Molly Vollmer and Katherine Jarnigo didn't see it coming, but now, the sisters and co-CEOs of their family's Erlanger-based soap company see plenty of opportunity.
Meg Garner. American City Business Journals. Fri, 29 May 2020 16:44:47 +0000.
- How Youngstown saved Maurice Clarett: Football star finds himself, and purpose, in hometown
The former Ohio State Buckeyes legend, who spent years in prison before working to get his life back on track, is now giving back and helping in the communities he always hoped to impact.
ESPN. Thu, 28 May 2020 23:00:44 EST.
- Ford made its police SUV heat itself up to more than 133 degrees to kill the coronavirus
Ford worked with Ohio State and police departments to develop the tech. Ford has a longstanding relationship with law enforcement.
Yahoo. Wed, 27 May 2020 11:45:51 -0400.
- Supreme Court rejects Justice Department bid to halt order aimed at slowing spread of coronavirus at Ohio prison
The top court announced its decision in an unsigned order. Three of the court's conservatives, Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito and Neil Gorsuch, said they would have granted the request.
CNBC. Tue, 26 May 2020 20:20:54 GMT.
- WATCH: School bus drivers send special message to 2020 graduates
Bus drivers in Ohio sent a special message to high school seniors as they plan to graduate amid the coronavirus crisis.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Tue, 26 May 2020 17:04:00 GMT.
- Ohio's Republican governor calls for public to wear masks: 'This is not about whether you're left or right'
Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine addressed the controversial debate on wearing masks on Sunday by joining North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum in dismissing the politicization of wearing face coverings to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
CNBC. Sun, 24 May 2020 19:47:17 GMT.
- Missing cheer Ohio teen found safe, sheriff says
Local and federal officials had been involved with the search for the 18-year-old.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sat, 23 May 2020 18:44:00 GMT.
- Brooke Skylar Richardson: The untold story
The parents of the former Ohio high school cheerleader who was tried for the death of her baby speak to "48 Hours"
CBS News. Fri, 22 May 2020 07:59:05 -0400.
Ohio Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Ohio as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||11,614,373||0.08|
|July 1, 2015||11,605,090||0.09|
|July 1, 2014||11,594,408||0.21|
|July 1, 2013||11,570,022||0.17|
|July 1, 2012||11,550,839||0.05|
|July 1, 2011||11,544,824||0.03|
|July 1, 2010||11,540,983|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Ohio was 11,536,504.
In 2008, the estimated population of Ohio was 11,485,910, whereas
in 2006, the population of Ohio was about 11,458,390.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Ohio's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Ohio
web page. For maps of Ohio,
visit this Ohio Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Columbus, Ohio.
Ohio newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Ohio
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Ohio