Aggregated Ohio News Articles
- Southwestern Energy to acquire Montage Resources in all-stock deal
Although both are based in Texas, the companies' operations are entirely concentrated in the Appalachia Basin in Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
Olivia Pulsinelli. American City Business Journals. Thu, 13 Aug 2020 00:40:03 +0000.
- Ohio State football player expresses confusion after season postponed, OK'd to return to campus
An Ohio State Buckeyes football player learned his football season was over and hours later he was cleared to return to campus for class.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:42:30 GMT.
- These NE Ohio companies made the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies
More than 50 Northeast Ohio companies made this year's Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies.
Mary Vanac. American City Business Journals. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:34:15 +0000.
- Ohio woman throws fit at Burger King because employees wouldn't serve lunch at 9 a.m., gets arrested
All-day breakfast is one thing, but apparently all-day lunch is going too far.
Michael Hollan. Fox News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 16:32:31 GMT.
- 9/11: CBSN AM
Cargo plane crashes near Toldeo, Ohio; stranded family saved by message in a bottle
CBS News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 20:31:45 -0400.
- Source: Bengals' Waynes suffers pectoral injury
Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Trae Waynes could be on the mend for a while after suffering a pectoral injury during Monday's practice, a source confirmed to ESPN.
ESPN. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:38:38 EST.
- More than a million without power in Midwest from severe storms
A derecho moved through the Midwest yesterday from Nebraska to Ohio producing more than 500 damaging severe storm reports.
ABC News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 09:49:43 -0400.
- Ohio State University community fears fall without football
The tailgates, barbecues and pre-game parties at fraternity houses with large crowds crammed into small spaces is "obviously not going to be the situation" anymore, said one student.
CBS News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 06:02:40 -0400.
- Man in parachute slams into parking garage in Cleveland
On Sunday around 2am a 35-year-old man jumped with a parachute into downtown Cleveland and crashed into a parking garage, breaking his ankle.
Daily Mail. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 23:13:51 GMT.
- Indians' Plesac apologizes for leaving team hotel
Cleveland sent Zach Plesac home after he violated team rules by leaving the hotel to go out Saturday in Chicago.
ESPN. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 13:40:23 EST.
- Cleveland Indians Send Zach Plesac Home After Protocol Violation
Shane Bieber: "We love Zach. . . but he screwed up."
By Jim Ingraham, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 09:39:32 -0400.
- Ohio governor's conflicting COVID-19 tests raise backlash from skeptics of mask mandates
The Ohio governor's positive, then negative, tests for COVID-19 have provided fuel for skeptics of government pandemic mandates.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 13:24:00 GMT.
- Cleveland Art School Failed to Handle Sexual Abuse Claims, Students Allege
Survivors of alleged sexual abuse by a dance teacher at Cleveland's arts high school say the school neglected to launch the necessary investigations into reports made as early as 2004.
Observer. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:00:41 +0000.
- Exclusive: Joe Biden and Democrats unveil details of DNC convention including nightly themes, ways to watch
'Uniting America' will be the DNC convention's theme. Speakers include former Ohio Gov. John Kasich, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren.
Yahoo. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 15:45:00 -0400.
- Mike DeWine, Ohio governor, coronavirus tests fuel skepticism, backlash
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Ohio governor's positive, then negative, tests for COVID-19 have provided fuel for skeptics of government pandemic mandates and critics of his often-aggressive polices. ...
Dan Sewell, Andrew Welsh-huggins. Washington Times. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 09:02:44 -0400.
Ohio Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Ohio as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||11,614,373||0.08|
|July 1, 2015||11,605,090||0.09|
|July 1, 2014||11,594,408||0.21|
|July 1, 2013||11,570,022||0.17|
|July 1, 2012||11,550,839||0.05|
|July 1, 2011||11,544,824||0.03|
|July 1, 2010||11,540,983|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Ohio was 11,536,504.
In 2008, the estimated population of Ohio was 11,485,910, whereas
in 2006, the population of Ohio was about 11,458,390.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Ohio's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Ohio
web page. For maps of Ohio,
visit this Ohio Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Columbus, Ohio.
Ohio newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Ohio
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Ohio