Aggregated Ohio News Articles
- City argues man cannot sue over gun restrictions
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - The city of Columbus is asking the Ohio Supreme Court to rule individuals have no right to sue the city to overturn gun restrictions. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 01:15:54 -0400.
- Trump, Australia PM Scott Morrison visit Ohio, praise U.S. economy
President Trump highlighted the resurgence of U.S. manufacturing Sunday night during a stop in Ohio with Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison. Visiting a Pratt Industries paper manufacturing plant in Wapakoneta, Ohio, Mr. ...
Dave Boyer. Washington Times. Sun, 22 Sep 2019 19:08:34 -0400.
- Trump has 'no problem' with Rudy Giuliani testifying to Congress about his Ukraine involvement
'I would have no problem with [it],' the president told DailyMail.com as he left the White House for a trip to Texas and Ohio. 'Rudy's a very straight shooter.'
Daily Mail. Sun, 22 Sep 2019 16:17:19 GMT.
- Some Cleveland Leaders Want to Bring Back Legislative Prayer. They Can, and Should.
Prayer at legislative gatherings is as old as the United States--perhaps older, if we reach back in time to the Pilgrims' landing at Plymouth Rock. Legislative prayer is such a traditional part of who we are as a country, ...
Jeremy Dys. The Stream. Sat, 21 Sep 2019 19:00:36 +0000.
- Vicky Glass murder: Police appeal over unsolved 2000 killing
Cleveland Police launches a fresh appeal on what would have been Vicky Glass's 40th birthday.
BBC News. Sat, 21 Sep 2019 13:53:19 GMT.
- Amish Buggy Decked Out with Stereo System Pulled Over After Police Spot 12-Pack on Top of Vehicle
Call it the Case of the Mysterious BoomBuggy. Early Sunday morning, a deputy with the Trumbull County Sheriff Department was patrolling near North Bloomfield, Ohio, when he saw an Amish buggy. ...
Jack Davis. Western Journal. Sat, 21 Sep 2019 07:21:15 +0000.
- More Than 100 Persons Arrested In Massive Ohio Sex Trafficking Sting Including Doctor, Church Leader
'They show up with lubrication'
Mary Margaret Olohan. Daily Caller. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 20:24:05 +0000.
- Plant shutters in Charlotte region amid 'pressure from overseas, competition' in textile industry
A Cleveland County textile plant once slated for closure in 2017 has ceased operation, impacting more than 100 workers.
Jenna Martin. American City Business Journals. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 17:57:49 +0000.
- Lawsuit accuses developer of sexual assault following his claims of extortion
A new lawsuit accused a Cincinnati developer and former Bengal of sexual assault on the same day he accused the plaintiff of trying to extort him.
Andy Brownfield. American City Business Journals. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 17:54:29 +0000.
- Buffalo Bills Home Opener Filled With Excitement, Anticipation
The mood is electric in Buffalo as the 2-0 Bills host the winless Cincinnati Bengals in their home opener on Sunday. Even the skeptics are starting to buy in.
By Curtis Rush, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:03:11 -0400.
- Arthur J. Gallagher (AJG) Buys Ohio-Based Andrew Insurance
Arthur J. Gallagher (AJG) takes the inorganic route to improve and expand the insurance business.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 14:15:00 GMT.
- Man found fatally stabbed on Stanton Street near Cincinnati Avenue in West El Paso
Police said Chester Charles Woodward, 63, was found fatally stabbed in the 2600 block of North Stanton Street and Cincinnati Avenue.
Times Staff Report, El Paso Times. El Paso Times. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 21:44:37 +0000.
- Ohioan Found Guilty Of Punching, Killing 83-Year-Old
Cronie Lloyd was found guilty of murdering an 83-year-old man at a gas station in Independence.
Chris Mosby. Patch. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 08:20:28 -0400.
- Ohio Police Searching For Missing Teenager
Jasmine Wojtowicz, 15, was last seen on Tuesday night. Police believe she may be heading out of state.
Chris Mosby. Patch. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 08:06:18 -0400.
- Jim Greengrass Loved The Game All The Way Into Extra Innings
Jim Greengrass was an outfielder with the Cincinnati Reds and Philadelphia Phillies from 1952-1956. The World War II veteran died September 9, 2019 at the age of 91.
By Nick Diunte, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 17 Sep 2019 22:21:29 -0400.
Ohio Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Ohio as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||11,614,373||0.08|
|July 1, 2015||11,605,090||0.09|
|July 1, 2014||11,594,408||0.21|
|July 1, 2013||11,570,022||0.17|
|July 1, 2012||11,550,839||0.05|
|July 1, 2011||11,544,824||0.03|
|July 1, 2010||11,540,983|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Ohio was 11,536,504.
In 2008, the estimated population of Ohio was 11,485,910, whereas
in 2006, the population of Ohio was about 11,458,390.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Ohio's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Ohio
web page. For maps of Ohio,
visit this Ohio Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Columbus, Ohio.
Ohio newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Ohio
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Ohio