Aggregated Ohio News Articles
- Fast-growing Greater Cincinnati company makes first acquisition of 2020
During the past two years, the company has tripled its portfolio of CWT plants and expanded its footprint to 13 states throughout the U.S.
Jacob Fisher. American City Business Journals. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 16:00:00 +0000.
- What the Crew's planned $30M, OhioHealth-sponsored training facility means for the team's future
Renderings were released Tuesday as part of the naming-rights announcement for the training facility, which will be called the OhioHealth Performance Center.
Hayleigh Colombo. American City Business Journals. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 12:00:00 +0000.
- BBC's Bafta-winning comedy This Country is to get a US remake set in Ohio
This Country, which is based on the experiences of siblings Daisy May Cooper and Charlie Cooper growing up in rural Cirencester, in the Cotswolds, will be adapted to US television by Fox.
Daily Mail. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 10:01:00 +0000.
- The Ohio Statehouse Is Obsessed With Guns And Abortion; Is That What Ohioans Want?
A recent study says Ohioans want legislators to focus on the economy, health care, security and energy.
Ohio Capital Dispatch/states Newsroom. Patch. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 15:46:02 -0500.
- Rape Survivors: Statute Of Limitations Keeps Us From Justice
Closure takes time. Survivors of rape sometimes need more time than Ohio law gives them.
Ohio Capital Dispatch/states Newsroom. Patch. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 15:36:37 -0500.
- REPORT: Ohio State Football Coach Ryan Day Gets 3-Year Extension Worth $20 Million
He's going to be very rich
David Hookstead. Daily Caller. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 18:37:52 +0000.
- Ohio church pays off lunch debt for students at 11 school districts
An Ohio church was able to help over 11 schools pay off their student lunch debt.
Caleb Parke. Fox News. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 18:25:40 GMT.
- Drafting Joe Burrow Makes Football And Economic Sense For The Cincinnati Bengals
Drafting Joe Burrow could give Cincinnati a much-needed financial boost after a dismal 2019 season on the field and at the box office.
By J.p. Pelzman, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 17:54:42 +0000.
- Cincinnati Bell Boosts Fiber Connectivity Services With BREC
Cincinnati Bell (CBB) teams up with Butler Rural Electric Cooperative to spur economic growth and deploy Fioptics-backed Internet services across undeveloped regions of Ohio.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 14:00:00 GMT.
- Cleveland-Cliffs Gets Final Clearance for AK Steel Buyout
Cleveland-Cliffs (CLF) will purchase all of AK Steel's outstanding shares pursuant to their merger agreement.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 13:47:00 GMT.
- Fed's Mester sees 'downside risk' from coronavirus, but does not want to cut rates
The Cleveland Fed president also indicated she wouldn't be in favor of hiking rates either, even if inflation should overshoot the Fed's 2% target.
CNBC. Mon, 24 Feb 2020 20:27:16 GMT.
- Fed's Mester: US Economy Healthy Despite 'Big Risk' From Risk
The U.S. economy should continue to perform well this year and monetary policy is currently well positioned, Cleveland Federal Reserve Bank President Loretta Mester said
Newsmax. Mon, 24 Feb 2020 15:15:17 EDT.
- CSX: Train struck car in Ohio, killing car driver
BARBERTON, Ohio (AP) - Authorities say a train struck a car on tracks in Ohio, killing the car driver. CSX confirmed that a westbound train struck the vehicle in Barberton shortly before 2:30 p.m. Saturday. ...
Washington Times. Sat, 22 Feb 2020 18:26:23 -0500.
- Mexican immigrant is 7th person to die in ICE custody in 5 months
David Hernandez Colula died Thursday at a hospital in Youngstown, Ohio.
CBS News. Fri, 21 Feb 2020 17:23:29 -0500.
- Government: Immigrant from Mexico died in custody in Ohio
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) - A man from Mexico in government custody and awaiting deportation died by apparent suicide in an Ohio prison, U.S. immigration authorities said Friday. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 21 Feb 2020 15:47:31 -0500.
Ohio Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Ohio as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||11,614,373||0.08|
|July 1, 2015||11,605,090||0.09|
|July 1, 2014||11,594,408||0.21|
|July 1, 2013||11,570,022||0.17|
|July 1, 2012||11,550,839||0.05|
|July 1, 2011||11,544,824||0.03|
|July 1, 2010||11,540,983|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Ohio was 11,536,504.
In 2008, the estimated population of Ohio was 11,485,910, whereas
in 2006, the population of Ohio was about 11,458,390.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Ohio's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Ohio
web page. For maps of Ohio,
visit this Ohio Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Columbus, Ohio.
Ohio newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Ohio
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Ohio