Aggregated California News Articles
- Regulators offer relief to institutions impacted by California wildfires
Federal and state regulators Thursday offered a slew of regulatory relief measures to banks and credit unions affected by the disastrous California wildfires.
American Banker. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 14:20:43 GMT.
- California fires take personal toll on firefighters
More than 6,400 firefighters are battling California's two largest wildfires. Fire crews have faced five of the 10 most destructive fires in state history in just the past 13 months. ...
CBS News. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 14:10:38 +0000.
- Civic Nation BrandVoice: Countywide FAFSA Completion Initiative Is Adopted Statewide In California
Through the Race to Submit website, a friendly countywide FAFSA completion competition was created. ...
By Michael R. Mccormick, Civic Nation. Forbes. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 09:00:00 -0500.
- Police officer frees bear cub from garbage bin
A bear cub has been reunited with its mother thanks to a police officer in Northern California who colleagues are calling a "bear whisperer."
Fox News. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 13:51:12 GMT.
- Some California wildfire victims may never be found: searcher
(Editor's Note: Please be advised this story contains details that may upset some readers)
Reuters. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 08:43:09 -0500.
- Close to 1,000 still missing after deadliest California wildfire
Emergency services on Sunday sifted through the charred wreckage of California's deadliest ever wildfire, searching for signs of nearly 1,000 people believed still missing as crews made progress in bringing the blaze under control.
Reuters. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 08:43:09 -0500.
- Power company under pressure to explain actions before deadly blaze
Victims of California's worst wildfire asking why state's largest utility didn't shut off power in high-risk areas
CBS News. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 13:22:37 +0000.
- Hero 'bus driver from heaven' saved 22 kids from wildfire by driving on gridlocked, dark roads as
Kevin McKay, 41, drove his school bus through a fiery 'Armageddon' landscape when he evacuated children and teachers as Californian wildfires engulfed Paradise, in Butte County.
Daily Mail. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 13:05:43 GMT.
- WATCH: Nearly 1,000 still missing in California wildfires
Authorities said late Sunday 993 were still missing and 80 have died, mostly from the Camp Fire in Northern California's Butte County.
ABC News. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 08:01:46 -0500.
- Camp Fire is deadliest wildfire in California history; list of missing people surpasses 1,200
The Camp Fire has killed at least 77 people and left more than a thousand people unaccounted for.
ABC News. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 11:44:09 UTC.
- California wildfires: Finland bemused by Trump raking comment
The Finnish leader is not sure where Donald Trump got the idea that Finland rakes its forest floors.
BBC News. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:12:36 GMT.
- Calif. Authorities Raise Wildfire Death Toll To 80, Lower Number Of Missing Persons
At least 80 people have died throughout California since the Camp Fire and Woolsey Fire broke out earlier this month. The official missing persons list spans 993 names.
Emily Sullivan. NPR. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 02:40:00 -0500.
- Guardsman charged with smuggling migrants into US
A California National Guardsman was arrested earlier this month for allegedly smuggling migrants into the United States for money.
Bradford Betz. Fox News. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 07:35:20 GMT.
- Rain could complicate search for California wildfire victims
The search for remains of victims of the devastating northern California wildfire has taken on new urgency as rain in the forecast could complicate those efforts while also bringing relief to firefighters on the front lines.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 01:01:06 EST.
- California wildfires: Why are so many listed as missing?
Local officials said at one point that more than 1,200 people were unaccounted for.
BBC News. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:46:25 GMT.
California Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of California as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||39,250,017||0.66|
|July 1, 2015||38,993,940||0.81|
|July 1, 2014||38,680,810||0.90|
|July 1, 2013||38,335,203||0.85|
|July 1, 2012||38,011,074||0.89|
|July 1, 2011||37,676,861||0.92|
|July 1, 2010||37,332,685|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of California was 37,253,956.
In 2008, the estimated population of California was 36,756,666, whereas
in 2006, the population of California was about 36,121,296.
For detailed, up-to-date information about California's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about California
web page. For maps of California,
visit this California Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Sacramento, California.
California newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about California
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in California