Aggregated Alabama News Articles
- Alabama town removes statue of Confederate soldier in the middle of the night
The town will pay a $25,000 fine for removing the 115-year-old monument
Yahoo. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 18:34:46 -0400.
- Magic City Newsmakers: Alabama Possible, Children's of Alabama, Vulcan, Team Meadows and more
Good works from local companies and news from Birmingham nonprofits.
Stephanie Rebman. American City Business Journals. Mon, 28 Sep 2020 15:00:00 +0000.
- No. 2 Crimson Tide rolls on offense to 38-19 win over Mizzou
Nick Saban has never lost a season opener while coaching Alabama.
Fox News. Sun, 27 Sep 2020 05:15:56 GMT.
- Alabama Church Bombing namesake school teaches students about social justice, equity on West Side
Carole Robertson Center, named after one of the Alabama Church Bombing victims, is teaching students about the importance of social justice in North Lawndale.
Wls. ABC News. Sun, 27 Sep 2020 01:32:09 +0000.
- Alabama home of MLK's brother gets historic designation
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - The Alabama home once occupied by the Rev. A.D. ...
Washington Times. Sat, 26 Sep 2020 12:08:51 -0400.
- From the practice field to the training room: Behind the scenes with Alabama
We went to Tuscaloosa to check out how the Crimson Tide are handling this very different college football season.
ESPN. Thu, 24 Sep 2020 23:06:16 EST.
- North Texas data analytics company gets investment from Alabama PE firm
The Dallas company has received backing from New Capital Partners.
Brian Womack. American City Business Journals. Thu, 24 Sep 2020 14:18:14 +0000.
- Airfield bomb-clearing vehicles to be made in Alabama
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) - An Alabama company has a contract worth nearly $40 million for laser-equipped mine-resistant vehicles to disarm unexploded bombs and mines from airfields at a distance. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 24 Sep 2020 05:22:54 -0400.
- Hurricane Sally's aftermath on Florida, Alabama coasts revealed in aerial imagery
Damage to coastal areas in Alabama and along the Florida Panhandle has been revealed in new aerial imagery.
Travis Fedschun. Fox News. Wed, 23 Sep 2020 16:28:01 GMT.
- SEC West preview: Is Alabama ready to reclaim its throne?
Defending champ LSU loses nearly everyone from last season's squad, while Alabama reloads.
ESPN. Mon, 21 Sep 2020 23:16:23 EST.
- Chicago man, 20, charged in classmate's killing at Alabama State University, police say
A 20-year-old Chicago man who once talked of beating the odds is now charged with murdering a fellow student at Alabama State University, according to Montgomery police.
Wls. ABC News. Mon, 21 Sep 2020 23:35:31 +0000.
- The number of Americans hospitalized for alcoholism has risen 3.5% since 1998, study finds
A new study from the University of Alabama at Birmingham found a 3.5% increase in hospitalizations for alcohol use disorder from 274,652 hospitalizations in 1998 to 284,275 in 2016.
Daily Mail. Mon, 21 Sep 2020 15:00:57 GMT.
- Victim in 1963 Alabama Church Bombing Seeks State Restitution
Sarah Collins Rudolph lost her right eye at age 12 when a bomb went off at the 16th Street Baptist Church and killed four Black girls, including her sister.
Allyson Waller. New York Times. Sat, 19 Sep 2020 12:00:09 +0000.
- Hundreds of thousands still without power in Hurricane Sally clean-up in US
Hundreds of thousands of people were still without power on Friday (US time) along the Alabama coast and the Florida Panhandle in the aftermath of Hurricane Sally as officials assessed millions of dollars in damage that included ...
New Zealand Herald. Sat, 19 Sep 2020 13:39:25 +1200.
Alabama Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Alabama as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,863,300||0.19|
|July 1, 2015||4,853,875||0.22|
|July 1, 2014||4,843,214||0.28|
|July 1, 2013||4,829,479||0.28|
|July 1, 2012||4,815,960||0.33|
|July 1, 2011||4,799,918||0.30|
|July 1, 2010||4,785,492|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Alabama was 4,779,736.
In 2008, the estimated population of Alabama was 4,661,900, whereas
in 2006, the population of Alabama was about 4,587,564.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Alabama's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Alabama
web page. For maps of Alabama,
visit this Alabama Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Montgomery, Alabama.
Alabama newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Alabama
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Alabama