Aggregated Alabama News Articles
- Alabama Man Arrested After San Diego Restaurant Shooting
A man who was charged with capital murder in Jefferson County when he was 16 years old is accused of opening fire in a San Diego restaurant.
Michael Seale. Patch. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 13:59:44 -0500.
- These Nature Posters Show the Most Endangered Animal in Each State
Endangered animals like the Alabama beach mouse, Indiana bat, Louisiana pine snake, and Carolina northern flying squirrel need our help.
Emily Petsko. Mental Floss. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 12:30:00 -0500.
- Florida, Georgia, North Carolina: Buc-ee's founder details U.S. 'invasion' for Texas Monthly
The store recently opened a store in Baldwin County, Alabama. But what will the franchise look like when it expands further southeast ?
Julian Gill, Houston Chronicle. Houston Chronicle. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 17:27:47 UTC.
- Clemson tops Alabama again -- in FPI rankings
With an edge on offense, Clemson gets the nod over Alabama in FPI's first ranking of 2019. Where did the rest of the FBS teams land? Check it out.
ESPN. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 09:40:16 EST.
- Grieving mother secures Britain's first ever life-saving 'bleed kits' in pubs in Birmingham
Lynne Baird, 62, lost son Daniel, 26, when he bled to death in minutes outside The Forge Tavern in Digbeth, Birmingham, after being knifed while out celebrating a new job with friends in July 2017.
Daily Mail. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 12:22:23 +0000.
- Authorities: Man suspected of faking death to avoid charges
Authorities are searching for a U.S. Army veteran accused of faking his death off the Alabama coast to avoid charges in Mississippi, where he is accused of raping and impregnating his 14-year-old stepdaughter.
Fox News. Wed, 13 Feb 2019 00:04:31 GMT.
- Man arrested amid allegations of having three wives in three different states
The suspect was allegedly married to women in Alabama, Georgia and New Hampshire.
ABC News. Tue, 12 Feb 2019 17:37:24 -0500.
- Alabama Church Removes Pew Dedicated By Pro-Lynching Advocate To Jefferson Davis
'To Worship God and Make Disciples for Jesus Christ'
Joshua Gill. Daily Caller. Sun, 10 Feb 2019 23:56:12 +0000.
- Alabama church removes pew honoring Confederate president
An Alabama church has removed a pew honoring Confederate President Jefferson Davis, saying the memorial had no place at a time when rebel symbols have been adopted by white supremacists.
Jay Reeves. Fox News. Sun, 10 Feb 2019 19:47:26 GMT.
- Alabama executes Muslim inmate who sued to have imam present
A Muslim inmate in Alabama who sued the state for not allowing his imam by his side at his death was executed Thursday night.
ABC News. Fri, 08 Feb 2019 10:38:28 -0500.
- Muslim man executed after U.S. Supreme Court denies request for imam's presence
A Muslim man was executed in Alabama on Thursday, as originally scheduled, after the U.S. Supreme Court voted 5-4 to allow the execution, denying his request for an imam's presence in the execution chamber.
Reuters. Fri, 08 Feb 2019 08:06:21 -0500.
- Supreme Court Lets Alabama Execute Muslim Murderer Without Imam By His Side
Domineque Ray said the state was violating his constitutional rights by only offering a Christian chaplain. The high court ruled 5-4 that the execution could go ahead as planned.
Matthew S. Schwartz. NPR. Fri, 08 Feb 2019 07:08:59 -0500.
- Alabama inmate executed after Supreme Court denies him imam's presence
The Supreme Court denied a Muslim man's request for an imam to be present at his death in Alabama.
BBC News. Fri, 08 Feb 2019 09:18:55 GMT.
- Justices Allow Execution of Muslim Inmate Who Sought Imam
Alabama allows a Christian chaplain to be present in its execution chamber but excluded a Muslim imam. The inmate, Domineque Ray, was set to be executed Thursday night.
Adam Liptak. New York Times. Fri, 08 Feb 2019 03:02:59 GMT.
Alabama Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Alabama as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,863,300||0.19|
|July 1, 2015||4,853,875||0.22|
|July 1, 2014||4,843,214||0.28|
|July 1, 2013||4,829,479||0.28|
|July 1, 2012||4,815,960||0.33|
|July 1, 2011||4,799,918||0.30|
|July 1, 2010||4,785,492|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Alabama was 4,779,736.
In 2008, the estimated population of Alabama was 4,661,900, whereas
in 2006, the population of Alabama was about 4,587,564.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Alabama's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Alabama
web page. For maps of Alabama,
visit this Alabama Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Montgomery, Alabama.
Alabama newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Alabama
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Alabama