Aggregated Alabama News Articles
- Week 4 takeaways: Coaches talking smack, Texas playing defense and more
Week 4 saw an Alabama freshman make a game-changing play, the Texas defense continue to play at an elite level, coaches calling out the haters and much more.
Espn Staff. ESPN. Mon, 25 Sep 2023 14:13:51 EST.
- Shipley's Do-Nuts plans expansion in metro area, Alabama
With over 340 shops, Shipley's is expected to nearly double in size over the next five years.
Illyshia Parker. American City Business Journals. Mon, 25 Sep 2023 17:51:56 +0000.
- University of Alabama fraternity sued for hazing after student suffers traumatic brain injury
Sigma Alpha Epsilon, a fraternity at the University of Alabama, has been sued for allegedly hazing a student to the point where the minor lost consciousness.
Fox News. Mon, 25 Sep 2023 12:28:26 -0400.
- 'Just in shock': Dock worker assaulted in Alabama brawl speaks out in 'GMA' exclusive
After a brawl at Riverfront Park in Montgomery, Alabama went viral, Dameion Pickett, who was at the center of the incident, is speaking out in an interview with "GMA."
ABC News. Mon, 25 Sep 2023 07:48:47 -0400.
- Enrollment figures released for Alabama's public four-year institutions
Most universities individually saw an increase in enrollment year-over-year, though a handful saw a drop.
Laurel Thrailkill. American City Business Journals. Sun, 24 Sep 2023 23:43:08 +0000.
- QB Milroe: Bama still 'work in progress' after win
No. 13 Alabama QB Jalen Milroe said the Crimson Tide are "hungry to improve" after a second-half rally to beat No. 15 Ole Miss on Saturday.
Alex Scarborough. ESPN. Sat, 23 Sep 2023 23:10:48 EST.
- GOP Senator Gets Big Win After Months-Long Stand-Off with Schumer
As Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York fumed, Republican Sen. Tommy Tuberville of Alabama chalked up a win in his long-running battle over Pentagon job promotions. ...
Jack Davis. Western Journal. Fri, 22 Sep 2023 16:25:37 +0000.
- In Three Southern States, a Legal Battle Over Political Maps
G.O.P. legislatures in Alabama, Georgia and Louisiana are contesting federal orders to redraw congressional maps that disfavor Black voters. The stakes are enormous.
New York Times. Thu, 21 Sep 2023 20:06:46 +0000.
- Senate Confirms Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff, Sidestepping Tuberville Blockade
The Senate backed Gen. Charles Q. Brown Jr. of the Air Force for chairman and planned to advance promotions of two other military officials blockaded by Senator Tommy Tuberville of Alabama.
Karoun Demirjian and Kayla Guo. New York Times. Thu, 21 Sep 2023 03:57:11 +0000.
- Senate is set to confirm 3 military nominees but GOP senator still blocking hundreds of others
The Senate is poised to confirm a new chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Wednesday as Democrats try to maneuver around holds placed on hundreds of nominations by Alabama Sen. Tommy Tuberville over the Pentagon's abortion policy.
Washington Times. Wed, 20 Sep 2023 16:47:30 -0400.
- Bodycam video shows high school band director being tased, arrested
Johnny Mims, the band director at an Alabama high school near Birmingham, was tased and arrested for not complying with officers' orders, police said.
CBS News. Tue, 19 Sep 2023 13:13:19 -0400.
- Body camera footage shows tasing, arrest of Alabama high school band director
Police have released a video showing the tasing and arrest of an Alabama high school band director last week.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Tue, 19 Sep 2023 14:47:00 GMT.
- Alabama, Oklahoma State Among Teams Needing To Figure Out Quarterback Situation
Though there are two Saturdays remaining in September, it can get late early for some teams that are struggling with their new quarterbacks.
By Tom Layberger, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 17 Sep 2023 22:20:21 -0400.
- High School Band Director Hit with Stun Gun, Arrested After Refusing to End Students' Performance
An Alabama high school band director was shocked with a stun gun and arrested after Birmingham police said he wouldn’t tell his band to stop playing. ...
The Associated Press. Western Journal. Sun, 17 Sep 2023 17:53:42 +0000.
Alabama Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Alabama as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,863,300||0.19|
|July 1, 2015||4,853,875||0.22|
|July 1, 2014||4,843,214||0.28|
|July 1, 2013||4,829,479||0.28|
|July 1, 2012||4,815,960||0.33|
|July 1, 2011||4,799,918||0.30|
|July 1, 2010||4,785,492|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Alabama was 4,779,736.
In 2008, the estimated population of Alabama was 4,661,900, whereas
in 2006, the population of Alabama was about 4,587,564.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Alabama's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Alabama
web page. For maps of Alabama,
visit this Alabama Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Montgomery, Alabama.
Alabama newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Alabama
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Alabama