Aggregated Alabama News Articles
- Video shows Kamille McKinney before disappearance
There is a critical new clue in the disappearance of a 3-year-old girl from Alabama. Police hope a newly released surveillance video helps lead them to her. Michelle Miller reports.
CBS News. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 23:33:31 +0000.
- Ala. Senate Candidate Calls for Cutting 'Legal' Immigration
Alabama State Rep. Arnold Mooney, who is challenging incumbent Democratic Sen. Doug Jones in next year's election, on Friday called for cutting legal immigration and for building President Donald Trump's wall on the southern U.S. ...
Newsmax. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 17:10:50 EDT.
- Last of 3 defendants in 2013 Oklahoma slaying pleads guilty
The last of three Alabama men charged in a fatal shooting in the Oklahoma Panhandle more than six years ago has pleaded guilty to murder in the case.
News 9. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 14:36:00 EDT.
- Five states, including some crucial to Trump, just hit all-time low unemployment rates
Alabama, California, Illinois, New Jersey and South Carolina set news bottoms according to data that goes back to 1976.
CNBC. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 16:52 GMT.
- Reward increased for missing Alabama toddler
The reward is growing in the case of a missing 3-year-old Alabama girl. It's up to $33,000 in the search for Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney.
CBS News. Thu, 17 Oct 2019 23:39:24 +0000.
- Alabama police chief offers 'safe passage' to anyone with information about missing three-year-old
The Birmingham Police Department said on Facebook that Crime Stoppers was offering a $20,000 reward for information related to Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney's whereabouts.
Daily Mail. Thu, 17 Oct 2019 02:26:23 GMT.
- 2 questioned in Alabama girl's abduction from birthday party charged in other cases
A man and a woman questioned by police in an Alabama girl's kidnapping are arrested on unrelated charges
Associated Press. Boston Globe. Wed, 16 Oct 2019 14:58:20 +0000.
- 'Bring this baby home': A plea to kidnapper days into search for 3-year-old
The Birmingham, Alabama, community is pleading for the safe return of a 3-year-old girl, days after she was allegedly abducted.
ABC News. Tue, 15 Oct 2019 20:02:47 -0400.
- German plastics company to build Alabama facility, employ 50
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) - A German plastic manufacturing company will open its first facility in the United States in Alabama. Gov. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 15 Oct 2019 03:06:16 -0400.
- Amber Alert: Alabama police question man in 3-year-old girl's kidnapping
Authorities in Alabama have taken a person of interest into custody in the kidnapping of a 3-year-old girl , who remains missing.
Ap. ABC News. Mon, 14 Oct 2019 15:16:41 +0000.
- Alabama girl, 3, vanishes at birthday party, Amber Alert sent as police identify possible kidnapping suspect
A 3-year-old girl in Alabama mysteriously vanished while attending a birthday party over the weekend and police have identified a possible suspect in the child's kidnapping.
David Aaro. Fox News. Mon, 14 Oct 2019 01:53:42 GMT.
- Alabama Remains Number 1 In Week 8 College Football Polls, Wisconsin Up To 6
Who should be number one?
David Hookstead. Daily Caller. Sun, 13 Oct 2019 18:42:21 +0000.
- Amber Alert in Alabama for girl, 3, abducted at birthday party
An Amber Alert was issued in Alabama after a 3-year-old girl attending a birthday party was snatched off the street.
Robert Gearty. Fox News. Sun, 13 Oct 2019 17:23:44 GMT.
- Alabama Clinic Open Despite State's Near Total Ban on Abortion
The Human Life Protection Act, passed in May, will impose a near-total ban on abortions in Alabama starting in November 2019. ...
Voice of America. Sat, 12 Oct 2019 01:19:52 -0400.
Alabama Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Alabama as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,863,300||0.19|
|July 1, 2015||4,853,875||0.22|
|July 1, 2014||4,843,214||0.28|
|July 1, 2013||4,829,479||0.28|
|July 1, 2012||4,815,960||0.33|
|July 1, 2011||4,799,918||0.30|
|July 1, 2010||4,785,492|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Alabama was 4,779,736.
In 2008, the estimated population of Alabama was 4,661,900, whereas
in 2006, the population of Alabama was about 4,587,564.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Alabama's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Alabama
web page. For maps of Alabama,
visit this Alabama Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Montgomery, Alabama.
Alabama newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Alabama
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Alabama