Aggregated Indiana News Articles
- Man accused of pistol-whipping longtime friend over Bruno Mars song
An Indiana man is facing charges after pistol-whipping his lifelong friend during an argument over a Bruno Mars song, police said.
Fox News. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 04:00:00 GMT.
- Indiana ranks 6th in America in railroad crossing collisions
Gov. Eric Holcomb declared this week Indiana Rail Safety Week in hopes of spreading awareness and saving lives.
Katrina Helmer. WDRB - Louisville, Kentucky. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 18:30:00 EDT.
- Indiana school bus driver fired for letting kids drive
She's now facing preliminary felony charges for allowing students to drive.
BBC News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 22:28:29 GMT.
- 8 students suffer 'very minor' injuries after school bus crash in Corydon
Eight students suffered minor injuries after a school bus crashed in Corydon Monday, according to a spokesman for the Indiana State Police.
WDRB - Louisville, Kentucky. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 16:52:00 EDT.
- Indiana man pistol-whips his friend in dispute over a Bruno Mars song
Roger Washburn, 71, of Greenwood, Indiana faces a battery charge for allegedly pistol-whipping his friend in argument over a Bruno Mars song at his home on Friday night.
Daily Mail. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 19:35:15 +0100.
- Purdue Gender-Neutral Homecoming Ditches King, Queen for 'Royalty'
The first gender-neutral homecoming at Purdue University in Indiana was held Saturday in an effort to promote diversity and inclusivity on campus.
Newsmax. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 10:42:28 EDT.
- Duke Energy Unit Submits Proposal to Lower Customer Bill
Duke Energy's (DUK) proposal to lower customer bill in Indiana is related to the Edwardsport coal gasification power plant.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 14:24:00 GMT.
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Rated Top in Indiana by NCQA
INDIANAPOLIS - Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Commercial and Medicaid health plans named the best in Indiana according to NCQA survey ...
Business Wire. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 12:57:00 UTC.
- Portage mayor wants information blocked from federal trial
HAMMOND, Ind. (AP) - An indicted northwestern Indiana mayor is maintaining that prosecutors used a confidential informant to improperly know they had more time to investigate the case. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 05:43:14 -0400.
- Indiana Bus Driver Arrested for Allegedly Allowing Students to Drive a School Bus
She was caught on camera allegedly letting students drive the bus.
Yahoo. Sun, 23 Sep 2018 16:10:45 -0400.
- WATCH: Bus driver fired for letting kids take the wheel
An Indiana school bus driver has been fired after a video camera showed the driver letting children drive the bus.
ABC News. Sun, 23 Sep 2018 09:10:28 -0400.
- How Leonard Bernstein mixed composing with teaching
In 1982, while working on his opera, "A Quiet Place," famed conductor and composer Leonard Bernstein spent several months at Indiana University's Jacobs School of Music. ...
CBS News. Sun, 23 Sep 2018 12:09:51 +0000.
- Purdue holds gender-neutral homecoming, honoring 'royalty' rather than king, queen
Purdue University in Indiana held its first gender-neutral homecoming on Saturday in an effort to bring equality to campus.
Stephen Sorace. Fox News. Sun, 23 Sep 2018 05:00:00 GMT.
- Jordan Matthews develops perspective going from Eagles' No. 1 receiver to free agent scrapheap
"I've definitely been humbled through this whole experience," Jordan Matthews said. Matthews will contribute to the Eagles on Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts.
Philadelphia Inquirer. Sat, 22 Sep 2018 23:44:54 GMT.
Indiana Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Indiana as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,633,053||0.31|
|July 1, 2015||6,612,768||0.27|
|July 1, 2014||6,595,233||0.40|
|July 1, 2013||6,569,102||0.48|
|July 1, 2012||6,537,743||0.33|
|July 1, 2011||6,516,480||0.40|
|July 1, 2010||6,490,528|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Indiana was 6,483,802.
In 2008, the estimated population of Indiana was 6,376,792, whereas
in 2006, the population of Indiana was about 6,294,124.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Indiana's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Indiana
web page. For maps of Indiana,
visit this Indiana Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Indiana newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Indiana
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Indiana